Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Autumn Time: Deanna Rose Farmstead

The city of Overland Park owns an awesome child-friendly farm/park that is free of admission and lots of fun. It's called the Deanna Rose Farmstead, and I'd recommend it to anyone, old or young. Sally and I first went with my parents in May when they were visiting for Neal's graduation, and I've since been back several times. A few weeks ago I went with my friend Rosemary and her cute twins, Lanny and Spencer.

Lanny, Spencer, and Sally enjoying a quick rest.


Sally trying out the rocking chick at the playground. Unfortunately the white unicorn with the purple horn was monopolized by a 3 year old who would not give it up for anything, even after 30 minutes! Sally got over it.


The Longmores. What would Sally and I do without them?


The kids enjoying one of the many tractors open for exploration.


Happy Sally on the tractor.


A fun day with fun friends. A great Fall outing.

No comments: