Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day










Today is Mother's Day and, as I am a mother, I received some extra special treatment. Neal made me pancakes for breakfast, Sally was rather better behaved than usual during sacrament meeting, I got a vase of fresh cut flowers from my front yard, and Neal got me a cool kitchen scale (something I had requested) and made me a card. Not exactly a day where I got everything I wanted without having a lift a finger (as my bro. in-law expressed the day should be in his sacrament meeting talk that he proudly shared), but a nice day nonetheless.

I love being a mom and I am so grateful that I get to raise Sally (and hopefully other children in the future). Being a mom has enlarged my capacity to love and serve and is teaching me lots of valuable lessons (such as how to be patient when I feel my patience has already been tried to the max, how to laugh when I feel like crying, how to cook one handedly). My attempts to describe how much I love being a mom sound really cheesey, so I'll just say that I'm so glad that I get to spend each day with Sally and watch her learn and grow.

I wanted Sally and I to match today, and I think that we looked cute.





5 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had a good day! It could be worse... you could have been asked to speak on Mother's Day... like me. :P

Sarah Gessel said...

I concur. The matching outfits were a hit.

alisquire said...

For cuter!

Reggs said...

Good to see ya, Ems! Why didn't Neal get a matching outfit? Hee hee.

shayne said...

Ok!!! So Matt and i were wondering where Neal matched!?