Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Frustration

Posting anything takes me FOREVER! Every time I upload an image, all of the formatting that I have done in the post is screwed up, and the picture comes in at the very top of the post, not in the place where I specified (oh, and on top of that, it takes SO LONG to upload the images). I am not able to copy and paste text. Moving around text or images is almost impossible. Does anyone know how to get around these problems? Posting anything but plain text gives me a huge headache. I consider myself a very computer literate person, so I hardly think this is my fault. I have cable internet that is pretty darn fast, so I doubt that the internet speed is the problem. If anyone has any advice, please, please, please pass it on, or I will end my brief experiement with blogging in order to preserve my sanity!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Emily- I don't do this all of the time, only when Blogger is being rediculous, but you might want to try uploading your pictures to a photo hosting website like flickr, photobucket, etc. (You can even set your photo account to private and it will still work) Then you can copy and paste in the html code for each picture into your blog post.

Another thing I've heard of, but have never tried is Windows Live Writer. It's supposed to be compatible with blogger. It lets you put together your post offline, and then posts it onto your blog.

Hope that helps!

Susan said...

Try uploading the pictures first, in reverse order. If needed you can cut them (CTRL X) and paste them (CTRL V) elsewhere. I normally have to check the formatting in Preview before posting because the spacing gets messed up. Good luck.

Merilee said...

My blog is also quite simple and therefore stupid to work with. My blog doesn't have many, or any format options, which is annoying. However, on the side is where the pictures will upload, so I upload on the side.

Heidi Simpson uploads them in between her posts, but I'm not sure if that's just the kind of blog she has. Seems like lots of people have better formats than my own. Maybe ask Sarah. She seems to have more freedom with her blog setup.

Good luck! What did you decide to do with the job decision? Don't stop blogging because you can't put on pictures, just tell people to check facebook.

ErinKJ said...

Hey Emily! It's Erin from The Riverview ward! Your hubs gave me your blog address! Your family is so cute. I would love to get together sometime! Also, I have become a blogger expert and can help you with your picture problem! Email me: ek_jensen@yahoo.com I hope to talk to you soon!
Erin