Thursday, December 31, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone! Sally is sleeping, Neal is at work (it would be too much to hope that he’d have Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Year’s Eve/Day off during his intern year), and I’m finally dusting the cobwebs off of my blog.

I’ve fallen WAY behind at blogging about what’s been going on lately, so although I’ve just created several posts (one each on Sally’s birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and post-Christmas), none of them is quite what I’d like it to be. At this point I’m just trying to play catch-up and get a few things out there. Hopefully they will be worth your read and your comments.

Just for the heck of it (and because I still have 1 hour and 7 minutes before I ring in the new year by myself), here are a few other updates:

Sally:

-Is learning to sleep in her twin bed, but often tells me that she is a baby (“I’m Sally baby”) and wants to sleep in her crib. Tonight I about spanked her after she got out of her bed 4 times asking for various things.

-Is getting better and better at talking all of the time. A few of my favorite things she has said lately (or at least the ones that I’ve written down):

After putting a knit Christmas bag on her head like a hat: “Cute my is!” (she now can use better grammar, this was a month ago).

Speaking about what she will do when her baby brother is born: “Share my toys with him and share my sippy with him and wash him in my sink and cook him in my microwave.”

After having a taste of eggnog: “More egg juice!”

After I told her that she is my little dear: “Mommy, Bambi is a dear!”

After waking up in the morning and noticing a few toys that didn’t get put away: “Mommy, my room is a mess. I’m worried about it!”

While driving with my Dad when he missed a freeway exit: “Silly Grandpa, went the wrong way!”

-Loves to wear hats (hence the putting a knit Christmas bag on her head).

-Is in a weird phase where she sometimes doesn’t like Neal and sometimes loves him. She has been really great around him the last few days, so I’m hopeful that she is coming out of it.

-Is very observant and remembers everything.

-Likes to invent words (her favorite is bubber) and people. She often tells me about a boy in Nursery named Hunter that does not exist. I don’t know where she even heard that name.

-Loves to be told stories. She’ll run up to me and say: “Mommy, I want a story about a daddy and a mommy and a brother and a sister and a baby and a daddy and a sister.”

Emily:

-Is getting tired of being pregnant, especially because of the increasing “episodes” (an increased heart rate, difficulty breathing, and dizziness).

-Is sad that the Mormon Chorale practices start up again right about the time that the baby will be born.

-Is excited about getting new carpet (a Christmas gift from Neal), but discouraged that Sally is having an attitude about potty training (it would be so nice to have the potty training out of the way before the new carpet comes in).

-Is getting excited for her son to be born, yet is nervous at the same time.

Neal:

-Enjoyed skiing in Utah and having time off to enjoy sports.

-Is now working nights for the next two weeks.

-Has a decent head of hair once more (see the Thanksgiving post below).

-Will have a lot busier schedule for the next 6 months than he did for the previous 6 months.

I think I've had enough blogging for the night. Enjoy the posts below, and have a wonderful new year!

2 comments:

Michelle S. said...

Hey, Emily! I never worry about catching up with my blog. I rarely post on something past. Just try going with what you are thinking about right now! What happened today? Any Nacho Libre moments you might want to record? (so funny!)

Don't worry about making sure every detail is there (although, I DO love details), just an update about today is awesome! You will for sure be overwhelmed if you have to write down EVERYTHING.

Try a one paragraph post. I triple-dog dare ya. (and I can't wait to see!)

Merilee said...

Thanks for posting all the hilarious things Sally said. I laughed for 10 minutes about Sally microwaving her baby brother. Very funny. Also, the egg juice. Also everything else. Sooo funny. Love you!