Monday, March 8, 2010

The New Normal


Life with two kids is not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, bad is not a word that should be used to describe it at all. Life with two children so far is great. I love spending every day with two delightful children. Sally is so fun and creative and entertains me every day, and Austin is as sweet as a baby can be. I feel so blessed that things so far have gone so well. Since Austin has been born:
*I have felt physically very well. I hardly needed pain medication in the hospital after the birth, and I didn’t need any once I got home. I’ve had the energy I’ve needed to get right back into the swing of things.
*Sally has been a VERY good girl. I was afraid that she would have lots of tantrums and demand a lot of extra attention the first few weeks after Austin was born, but that hasn’t been the case at all. She is the same fun, energetic, and sweet little girl. She loves Austin and can’t hug and kiss him enough.
*Austin has been a very good baby. He is calm most of the time, and is a great eater and sleeper. When he is upset, he is very easily calmed down.
*For the first week or so after coming home from the hospital, I would get up twice in the night to feed Austin, but since then I’ve only been getting up once in the night. I’d prefer to not get up at all, but that’s an unreasonable expectation at this point, and I’m sure it won’t be long before that’s the case.

Some days are hard and I’m sure that there will be hard times still to come, but I’m no longer nervous about the situation. I think we are all settling into the new normal, and life is good.

I have a lot more photos I want to post and a great deal more to say, but I'll conclude for now because my baby needs me.

4 comments:

The Cunninghams said...

He's such a sweet little guy! We had so much fun with you guys the other night! Thanks again!

Lauren said...

There you are Emily! I'm so glad Austin is such a good baby for you. I hope hope it continues! You're great!

Missy Rogers said...

Only waking up once, what a good little guy! I'm glad to hear that you and your family are doing so wonderfully and that Sally is such a good big sister.

Merilee said...

I'm glad to hear it Emily. I understand that nervousness..well, at least for doing something you have coming up. I'm feeling it right now.

We're so glad you brought your family over last week. It was great. America is hoping she didn't give anyone her terrible cold.