Sunday, July 12, 2009

Photo updates

Just a few additions to my previous post--some photo updates of Sally.

Sally has really long legs, just like her parents.


She loves to help me on the kitchen. When we made an apple pie for the 4th of July, she "helped" me in the kitchen the whole time and enjoyed it. She mostly enjoyed sampling the pie crust dough. Ever since we made that apple pie, when she plays with her dishes, she tells me that she's making "pie", or "apples".


Just an outfit that I think is really cute. Don't you love the bracelets, too? She has me wear the largest two of her set of rings.


The flags that daddy helped to set up, and Sally's new (immodest) outfit. I think she's so cute in it, though. When it's sweltering hot in the summer, I think I'd rather have her wear something somewhat immodest than have her take off her clothing and go naked to get cool. When does modesty apply to babies/toddlers? Any opinions?


Sally after her first icecream sandwich (which I ate most of).


Sally with her favorite boots, and, more importantly, her "rat tail," which the mockers liked to call it. Thanks to said mockers, I trimmed her hair and it is of uniform length in the back now. I couldn't handle the teasings!


Sally likes to help me wash the dishes every day--she pushes up her trusty chair and plays in the water. She's actually washing her binky in this photo--one of the tricks that I use to get the binky out of her mouth. Once it's out, it isn't too hard for me to get it away from her. This was several weeks ago. These days you won't see her with the bink outside of her bed.

3 comments:

Sarah Gessel said...

Is the mocker Neal? If so, how dare you mock your own child. I guess if you wanted Emily to cut Sally's hair enough, that was a pretty effective way to let her know.

tysqui said...

I don't think modesty applies to a child until they are old enough to understand what modesty is (which probably isn't going to be until after they are out of diapers, because diapers aren't very modest...).

alisquire said...

Looks like Sally's going to be just like her mommy.