Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wish List Revised

A few months ago I posted a short wish list, and looking back, many of my wishes were granted, so it's time for a new one.

-A sectional couch
-New carpet
-Crown molding throughout my house
-New bedding
-Cute clothes (someone PLEASE nominate me for "What Not to Wear")
-A truck (for Neal)
-World peace

Neal and I are known as being quite the thrifty couple, but during the last few months we've put our reluctance to spend on hold for a few good causes. In the past few months we've purchased:

-A new mattress (a MUCH needed item, as we had been sleeping on a $20 garage-sale find our entire marriage)
-Insulation for our previously uninsulated family room which once was a garage (any guest who has stayed at our house will tell you that this was greatly needed)
-A riding lawn mower (also much needed in my mind, since Neal is soon to be working 80 hours a week and I'd rather have him spend his free time with me and Sally rather than mowing our HUGE yard with a push mower)
-A plasma screen TV (not much needed in my mind, but Neal has wanted one for a long time and I think he deserves a nice graduation gift for all he's gone through over the past 4 years)
-A vacation to the Grand Canyon, which we are leaving for next week (which will provide some much needed time away for me and Neal--Sally will be with Grandma and Grandpa Dickson)
-A new:

Okay, just kidding on that last one, but Neal did take it for a test drive. He's enjoying the title of Dr. very much.

3 comments:

Merilee said...

Wow Emily, wish lists are always great to have, especially when you fulfill all your wishes listed. Way to go!

Have fun at the Grand Canyon without Sally. You could never be nominated for What not to Wear, you're way too cute of a dresser.

Angie said...

I'm going to have to disagree with Merilee, although I'm certainly no authority, especially since my most commonly worn article is a hoodie.

Sarah Gessel said...

I think that compared to most of Neal's sisters, with exception to Bonnie, you dress better than all of us. But if they have a family segment, maybe we can all go on.

Are you going to have Neal, the handyman, install your crown molding?